Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Two Nude Boots

<

Back in 1993 my last summer job (college) was working in a recycling plant. I had to pull out bits of stuff that didn't belong on a conveyor belt filled with larger bunches of other stuff. Or vice versa, as the day would have it. All sorts of weird stuff would show up. Dead cats, bags off rotting fish ... people will throw anything into a dumpster bin at night. When working with cardboard it would go down the belt into a metal pit which would squish it up and allow for the front loader to move it out. Every so often the pit would get jammed and somebody would have to jump in there and kick the cardboard free. Once while doing it my brand new work boots got stuck while the front loader was moving in. I was on the blindside of the loader and was steadily being smooshed between the moving press and the front loader jaws. Suffice to say I lived. I crapped my pants, but lived. Anyhoo, these black steel toed boots (pictured above) are what's left of the shiny black numbers I donned for that job. Note the steel plate in the center. That is meant to be embedded in the sole of the boot. Both plates slipped out this past month. Time for a new pair of boots.

Enter these fashionable steel toed numbers!





Why steel toe? Because I am very lanky and awkward and manage to scuff and grind everything beneath my ankles into oblivion in record time. Pus I drop shit on my toes and like to step on nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment