Monday, September 14, 2009

Goin' Postal



This is what the joists of the studio space looked like when I finished removing the drywall, insulation and plywood. The ceiling height and boxiness of the room were not ideal for a critical listening environment ('scuse me while I don my white lab coat), so after consulting a builder (our wonderful neighbor up the hill) I decided to go ahead with a plan to cut out the current joists, cut them down to 6 feet and re-secure them at a slighter angle for a downward pitch towards the back of the room. This would reduce parallel surfaces, unwanted reflections and make a shit-load more work for myself. It would also allow me to create a neat little loft storage space for gear to the right of the room above the bathroom. With several joist removed and about four of them cut and repositioned, things are looking like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment